Sunday, July 25, 2010

Gentri is a knock out! (almost)

Well the other night we were out on the deck and Gentri was standing on the stairs and turned around to go back up, but was too far to the side and started to fall while spinning (it was a very acrobatic move!). Uncle Kris caught her before she hit the ground and when he gave her to me, I thought it was one of those normal hurts. Then blood started literally pouring out of her mouth. So I took her inside to get it to stop bleeding and see if she needed stiches. I set her up on the counter and had about decided that while her lip was pretty bad, it didn't need stiches. All of a sudden, I knew I was going to pass out... I woke up to Andy slapping me in the face trying to wake me up! I said I was fine and he went to inspect Gentri again. He then said that her tooth was almost knocked out. So we loaded her up and went to Insta-care while Uncle Kris stayed with Ashton. She was so tough! She stopped crying as soon as we got in the truck and never cried again. Even when they put her tooth back in the socket (yuck! We thought Andy had better hold her so I didn't pass out again!) The poor little thing couldn't swallow because it hurt too bad, so she just had bloody drool coming out for a while:( The next morning was the same and she couldn't even eat her yogurt at first. Then she forgot and started to tell me something and realized it didn't hurt as bad as the night before. She was so excited, she said "I can talk!!" "I can eat some yogurt!" Everyday she has gotten better and her mouth looks pretty good, but she still can't eat too much besides yogurt and pudding for a while until her tooth firms up a bit more. We went to the dentist and he couldn't tell if it was starting to die or if it was just the clotted blood in the socket....I REALLY hope her tooth doesn't die! She is so cute about it and says she can't eat hamburgers because of her special teeth:)

4 comments:

  1. Poor kid! She is tough, I probably would have been bawling the whole time if it were me! Poor you for fainting too :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know you had a blog! I can't believe you passed out! I think that's a hard part about being a mom is taking care of things like that. Nathan has had so many injuries this summer, it's crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sad! I'm always so worried Nicole will get hurt in the face and it will scare. Sad we didn't see you last weekend in Monticello. Thought you would be there. Your family pics are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! Im so glad you found my blog, its fun catching up with everyone and seeing what they're up too. Your have such a cute little family :)

    ReplyDelete